This article covers adding modifiers to CPT codes.
You can add a modifier...
- as you select a CPT code by swiping the code to the left and tapping the green +Modifier button.
- by editing the charge before you submit (swipe left on charge > Edit codes > Change Modifier)
- Select the desired category to drilldown to the modifier codes.
- Select +CPT (procedures) or +E&M (visits/consults) from the charge entry menu. In this example, we will enter a procedure.
Tip: if you enter most of your charges from a specific drill down or from Favorites, you can set a preference (Primary Charge Screen) to skip this screen.
- Navigate through the code drilldown library to find your CPT code. Your drilldown may contain one or more sub-categories.
- You can create a Modifier Favorites list - just swipe the modifiers you want as favorites to the left & tap the +Favorites button
- To open your Modifier Favorites list, from the screen below, tap the star in the circle
- Use the AZ-down arrow icon (bottom right) to sort the list by code number (default) or by description in ascending or descending order
- Tap the desired modifier(s) to select, then tap Done to return to Charge Details screen.
You can edit your modifiers from the New Charges screen before it is submitted.