Access the Preferences Menu
Tap the menu bars in the upper left corner of the Patient List screen, then tap Preferences.
Preferences that can be set are as follows:
1. Default DOB – select a date to automatically fill in as date of birth on all new patients added to the list from the phone.
2. Default Location – the default location will be auto-assigned to new patients added to the list manually.
3. GPS Selected Location – used with the Filter by Location function; when activated, the phone’s GPS system will select the current location when you open MD Coder.
4. Remember Last DOS - used when entering back-dated charges. If set to Yes, you will need to enter the date of service on the first charge, then any subsequent charges entered will use that DOS until you change the date.
5. Ask Location on Login – when set to Yes, you will be asked to select your location each time you open MD Coder.
6. Submit Charges on Login – automatically submits all charges on the phone each time MD Coder is opened.
7. Primary Charge Screen – allows to you select the charge entry method you prefer and skip the screen to select the charge entry method (shown below).
8. Confirm Patient Delete – when set to Yes, you will see a pop-up asking you to confirm that you want to remove the selected patient from the phone.
9. Hide Recently Used ICD Codes – set to Yes if you do not want to have the Recently Used Codes for the patient appear at the top of the ICD code selection screen.
10. Hide Recently Used CPT Codes - set to Yes if you do not want to have the Recently Used Codes for the patient appear at the top of the CPT code selection screen.
11. Hide Recently Used MOD Codes - set to Yes if you do not want to have the Recently Used Codes for the patient appear at the top of the Modifier code selection screen.
12. Hide Code Numbers – set to Yes to see descriptions only for CPT, ICD, & Modifiers. The code numbers will still appear on the Web Portal for the selected items.
13. Do not Sort Drilldown – drilldowns are normally sorted by code number, and can be sorted by description on the selection screen. Setting this to Yes will prevent the drilldown from sorting, allowing you to keep the items in a specific order for customized drilldowns.
14. After Charge Go To – choose to go to the Patient List (default), Charge Summary screen, or Charge Edit screen after each charge is saved.
15. Skip Date & Location Screen – available ONLY for practices will specific ADT interfaces. If available, allows you to skip the Date and Location confirmation screen when filters are applied for specific dates and locations.
16. Add Prev ICD to follow-up Code – when this is set to Yes, ICD codes from surgical procedures will copy to the follow up charge automatically.
17. Scroll to Patient after Edit – when set to Yes, after any edits done on a patient are saved, the patient list will display the selected patient.
18. Ask to add charge on new Patient – when this is set to Yes, after adding a new patient, you will see a pop-up asking if you wish to add a charge.
19. Ask to add image on new Patient – when this is set to Yes, after adding a new patient you will see a pop-up asking if you wish to add an image.
21. Add Prev ICD to new Charges - if this option is set to "Yes", diagnosis codes from the previous charge for the patient will be copied to any new charge. Corrections to the diagnosis codes can then be made by sliding the patient to the left, tapping the green Charges button, and editing the new charge.
22. Require Login Password – if this option is set to “Yes”, you will be asked to enter your password each time you open MD Coder.
23. Keep Patient Search on Action – if set to No, when you search for a patient tapping the patient to select will clear the search field. If set to Yes, you will need to clear the search field after selecting the patient you want.
24. Enable Screen Lock – if set to Yes, will require password entry to open the MD Coder app.
25. Duplicate Charge Detection – if set to Yes, will pop up a warning when a 2nd charge with the same date & CPT code is entered on a patient. Will detect duplicate charges from the same provider or from multiple providers.
26. Block Charges without ICDs – if set to Yes, will prevent charges from being saved without an ICD code.
When you're finished setting your preferences, press Save. The preference changes take effect immediately.