This article aims to answer the question "What do these metrics show?" when looking at MD Coder Insights.
First, let's consider a common scenario as an example:
A physician sees 20 patients with a total of 20 charges (1 per patient) during the month of October.
During the month of October, the same physician actually submits 30 charges - 20 for the patients he saw during that month, and another 10 for visits that occurred in September (these 10 are considered back-dated or delayed bills)
There are two types of date metrics that drive the visuals within MD Coder Insights (MDCI):
Procedure Date Based Metrics
With Procedure Date Metrics, a Submitted Charges KPI will show 20 charges submitted in order to accurately portray the productivity of the practice during that period of time.
Procedure Date metrics show what occurred (according to MD Coder) for procedures/visits that happened during a Procedure Date range. The purpose of using the Procedure Date is to accurately portray the visits/procedures that occurred during a period of time.
Questions that Procedure Date Metrics can answer:
- How many patients did my practice/doctor see in August?
- How many visits did my practice/doctor have last week?
- How many charges were associated with those patient visits?
- For [date range], what were the top 5 CPT codes used and how many of each were performed?
- What was my practice/doctor RVU total for the last quarter?
MDCI reports that use Procedure Date Metrics:
- Practice Overview
- Procedure Dashboard
- Physician Allocation
- Patient Charge Metrics
Activity Date Based Metrics
With Activity Date Metrics, a Submitted Charges KPI will show 30 charges submitted in order to accurately portray the activity of the physician that period of time.
Activity Date metrics show activity that a physician performed in MD Coder during an Activity Date range. The purpose of using the Activity Date is to accurately portray the activity of a physician in MD Coder during a period of time.
Questions that Activity Date Metrics can answer:
- How many charges did my practice/doctor submit in MD Coder in June?
- How many charges did my practice/doctor submit in MD Coder per day last month?
- How many charges did my biller approve in MD Coder last quarter?
MDCI reports that use Activity Date Metrics:
- MD Coder Activity
- MIPS Reporting - based on date measure was triggered
Please sign in to leave a comment.